Within the Biobased Building research group, students and lecturer-researchers from HZ and Avans carry out joint research. They deal with both construction and civil engineering applications, with a strong emphasis on the materials side. In addition to construction, other areas of expertise such as chemistry, product design, health, mechatronics and maintenance may also be linked to this research. The aims of the research group are:
- strengthening, expanding and upscaling existing bio-based construction products;
- developing, testing and using new product(s) (ideas);
- research into market applications;
- the study of and, if possible, advice on amendment of regulations and government policy;
- formulation of a ‘business case’ and setup of the chain organization.
Here one might consider, for example, research into structural properties, the validation of health claims regarding innovations initiated by the construction sector and also by inexpensive agro-residues. New materials offer new design opportunities, with mechanization and cost price reduction being real requirements in order in the end to achieve a lower cost price and larger-scale production.
Would you like to work on these topics in a minor?
- Do research about (new) bio-based materials, structural properties and health claims of innovations
- Contribute to strengthening, expanding and upscaling existing bio-based construction products
- Develop, test and use new product(s) (ideas)
- Do research into market applications
- Study and, if possible, advice on amendment of regulations and government policy
- Develop business cases and setup the chain organization
- Develop skills like change making and research capacity in a practically-orientated research project
Participants with a background in or strong affinity with the following subjects can join this minor:
- Civil Engineering
Contact and sign up
Bezig met laden…